Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Loads of new businesses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is it only around me that seems to have loads of new businesses start up.

I swear I see at least 1 new van everyday at the moment!

Is it only around me that seems to have loads of new businesses start up.

I swear I see at least 1 new van everyday at the moment!

A lot of my customers telling me stories that few of their office ppl they have changed theirs job from an office to plumbing ... Loads of ppl doing those quick NVQs ... But your quite right, I've seen quite a few too

yep same round here been the same for about 6 months tbh

either that or a load coming in from out the area

I have seen a fair few too. Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition, more people doing sub standard work just helps the good guys stand out from the crowd. That's not to say all new businesses are going to do substandard work but I know of a couple of people start up on their own recently who just don't have the knowledge or skills to work for themselves just yet. Everyone seems to think once you have been doing plumbing for a year you are good to go and can tackle everything, these people get found out very quickly.

Plenty of new businesses starting here. Not many still going after a year!

Every idiot round my way think they can plumb. Plenty of work at higher than normal rates putting things right. Most of them I wouldnt let them take a book back to the library. They want their tools taking off them.

It's alright saying they'll be found out and gone soon. Once those installs have been done, they're gone. There's nowhere near the money in rectifying work.
It was like that round my way, not so much now.

Enough money to keep me happy on top of my usual stuff.

Remember.....

A plumber is for life and not just Christmas :)

PS 7 months tonight crimbo eve.

Been quiet myself so done a bit of contracting work which was a mistake rates were a joke !!!

May just ignore their rates and invoice my own :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loads of new businesses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a TURBOMax Plus 828E in a small Annex that only has 3 Rads. The boiler Cycles but is only ignited for about 30-40 seconds before...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
I've recently replaced an immersion heater for a direct cylinder, for 2.75-3kW. The new one seemed to be working a week before I got a callback. I...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Over the weekend, my wife insisted that I cleared out a junk cupboard in our utility room, in doing so I discovered a stopcock (that we...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock