Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Leaking valve on boiler piping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TanyaB

Hello - Could anybody identify what this valve is please. It has started leaking a lot and is on the hot water pipe coming out of the boiler, which is Boulter Economy standard oil boiler, vented system. It has a nut on top that was half a turn undone so I tightened it hoping it would stop. It hasn't.

Thankyou

DSCN0051.jpg

I would rather put a proper 3bar PRV on.
Those relief valves, as in photo are just tightened up on their adjustment nut to a guessed tightness for the pressure blow off.
The O ring seal in them just perishes with heat

I would rather put a proper 3bar PRV on.
Those relief valves, as in photo are just tightened up on their adjustment nut to a guessed tightness for the pressure blow off.
The O ring seal in them just perishes with heat

I agree, them things are awful.

I agree, them things are awful.

Yes, everything is so wrong about them! If they ever did open under pressure I bet they would fail to seal again at all and flood the place.
I remember it was obviously a cost thing, - at least about 4 times the price between a 1/2" valve like that and a proper 3bar valve.
I don't think I have ever seen a PRV opening due to a boiler being over pressured when frozen pipes, or in fact any vent/feed blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking valve on boiler piping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock