Discuss Leaking valve on boiler piping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TanyaB

Hello - Could anybody identify what this valve is please. It has started leaking a lot and is on the hot water pipe coming out of the boiler, which is Boulter Economy standard oil boiler, vented system. It has a nut on top that was half a turn undone so I tightened it hoping it would stop. It hasn't.

Thankyou

DSCN0051.jpg

I would rather put a proper 3bar PRV on.
Those relief valves, as in photo are just tightened up on their adjustment nut to a guessed tightness for the pressure blow off.
The O ring seal in them just perishes with heat

I would rather put a proper 3bar PRV on.
Those relief valves, as in photo are just tightened up on their adjustment nut to a guessed tightness for the pressure blow off.
The O ring seal in them just perishes with heat

I agree, them things are awful.

I agree, them things are awful.

Yes, everything is so wrong about them! If they ever did open under pressure I bet they would fail to seal again at all and flood the place.
I remember it was obviously a cost thing, - at least about 4 times the price between a 1/2" valve like that and a proper 3bar valve.
I don't think I have ever seen a PRV opening due to a boiler being over pressured when frozen pipes, or in fact any vent/feed blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking valve on boiler piping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back