Discuss Leaking radiator, advice on fixing please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valve is cheap type & I find leak if used much. A little Ptfe in packing does the job but I would change valve eventually. A pro can even change valve on live pipework when system cold no problem but not for DIY folk & there's a risk to carpets, etc, so not recommended!

Last edited:
It's not a packing nut.
Tightening that nut will do nothing.
You could try and replace the O ring but I've found that doesn't work.
I would replace this valve with one that has a packing nut as they can be repaired easily time after time.

Hope that helps :juggle2:

hi trying doing as suggested, let me know how it goes thanks
ps remember all mechanical can be repaired its not a sealed unit your working on hence the reason for the nut i have repaired at last count 1234567890 million of these thats why i dont do any work now.

you need to drain the system to change the valave. it may just need the body of the valave tightening but difficult to show on a forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking radiator, advice on fixing please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock