Search the forum,

Discuss Last night apprentice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope because I wasn’t and I wouldn’t have called it BOXT. As you are asking do s that mean that you did??

Nope. Absolutely nothing to do with it. But there are obviously enough idiots out there to provide a "nationwide" network. With what I wrote I don't see how you think I would have anything to do with it. Bit daft to even suggest.

Nope. Absolutely nothing to do with it. But there are obviously enough idiots out there to provide a "nationwide" network. With what I wrote I don't see how you think I would have anything to do with it. Bit daft to even suggest.
It was a joke mate. :p:p

BOXT sounded good. A Baxi, Worcester-Bosch, or Vokera for around £2500 installed. They even tried to suggest a combi even though I'm on a shared supply, but I declined. There is obviously no need for a site visit to test water pressure or discuss my needs - that is just an excuse to try to get free biscuits, isn't it?
Then I looked at one of the suggested boilers. Despite being heat only, it only supplies 10.2 litres of hot water per minute, as well as having a N/A hot water flow rate. It also comes with a low energy pump, a free system cleanse (whatever that means), and a free filter worth £130. Must be a really good filter. And they can do it in a day.
I wonder if they know the Artex on my wall where the boiler is mounted has asbestos in it, or that they'd need to replace the entire gas run from the front of the house and can't lift the floor due to UFH?
No problem for them - the Terms and Conditions simply allow them to up the stated price when they get here and find that the job isn't so straightforward as it looked!

Boxt install rates arnt bad straight swap no extras eg new gas run etc

£400 min

Trashy pointless business plans drawn up by spoon fed, £5 a cup coffee drinking, entitled, 4pm finishing, worthless degree holding, non real world living, snowflake non job jobsworths!

We were thinking the same thing!!

I don't really want either of the finalists to win

Does it count if I finished at 2pm today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Last night apprentice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock