Discuss Landlord gas cert pricing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is gas engineers taking the work on at really crap prices . If everybody charged the correct price for doing the work PROPERLY then landlords would have to pay it. The price shouldn't be dictated by the customer but the engineer.

They can't treat the working man this way! One of these days we'll form a union, and get the fair and equitable treatment we deserve! Then we'll go too far, and become corrupt and shiftless, and the Japanese will eat us alive!

You need a minimum charge, unless you're going to start charging rip-off prices on parts, overselling things that aren't needed etc etc.

I find the best way to make money is to do all those things at once.

Interesting thread this.ive just moved down to the south west from Oxfordshire and find the earnings the same.

Working for a company again but in Sidmouth. Earning the same as what I was couple of years ago in Oxfordshire.

Wouldn’t charge less than £75+ vat for a landlords plus extra appliances.

Think it a little different working for a Co , wages are pretty even wherever you are some areas pay above the average, and that depends on the amount labour available, Co in my area (Only a small town) charge way over what I do , but then they have different overheads than I do, I couldn't charge anywhere near what they do, £75 + in this area you would never get any work,

Hi JTS,

How does this work then? As if the company is charging a lot more than £75, surely that would give an independent a significant margin with which to compete? Or is is simply that the large company can give a 24h service every day of the year or some other advantage that means customers are happy to pay more?

Its the same reason that some people will use BG for boiler replacements, they think they get a better more trustworthy service, still under the misconception that the small guy will rip them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Landlord gas cert pricing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I’ve got a couple of gas safety checks coming up and I’m a bit confused as to whether I need to tick yes or no to the appliance serviced part...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi All My husband and I are re looking at the finances for the business and I wanted to ensure the company still remains competitive with prices...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
I was sent an engineer by Ideal Heating to fix a problem with my system. When he left he drove over a pot of sealing compound (which must have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock