Discuss Junk Calls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I'm sick of getting these now, I seem to get more and more. Some are even local numbers like from the next town, some are from Leeds, most from London.

I instantly block numbers, mostly I reply with a comment but I know people are just doing their jobs.

If someone catches me in a bad mood though I let complete and total rip, like the Nigerian guy who rang me and said I was having problems with my windows computer and I must turn it on so he can run me through the process of emptying my bank account. I lost count of the number of c words (and worse) I called him before he hung up.

I once let an indian caller named 'Angelina' (of course) help me with a problem she had detected on my computer for about half an hour, I kept telling her how slow my computer was and kept getting thtings wrong and that I was so grateful that someone was helping me with all the viruses on it.
You could hear in her voice that she was relieved to have found such a gullible victim ;)
Anyway it goes on and on for ages, she eventually gets me to type an address into the intertnet explorer address bar and asks me what it says on the page, I said ' I'll read it word for word, right it says..... How gullible do you think I am', she properly shouted at me for wasting HER time and hung up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Junk Calls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Dear professionals, could someone kindly advise on per below issue, please let me know if more pictures or details needed. I think my Auto Air...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock