Search the forum,

Discuss Automatic air vent leaking in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Dear professionals, could someone kindly advise on per below issue, please let me know if more pictures or details needed. I think my Auto Air Vent is now leaking. A little background on the boiler – installed a year ago in Feb, Valiant Heat only boiler Eco Tec plus 424, plus new pump. The leak is only on the right hand side vent, some water descale is visible, but the left hand side one is completely clean. The leak itself is mostly everyday, sometimes quite a lot of water comes out, the water itself is very smelly, like drain smell. Could someone kindly let me know what the issue is, I’m worried to call someone in without knowing what the problem is as last year boiler installation was a nightmare, the gentleman didn’t know what to do with Fault 23 on the new boiler so I posted on here and only after reading the replies he managed to work it out.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Irina

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 4.png
    4.png
    351.8 KB · Views: 13
Is the black plastic screw cap shut if it’s not screw it in

Is the black plastic screw cap shut if it’s not screw it in
Dear Shaun, thank you for your reply.
Not sure to be honest, i cant get all the way in to see it properly, can only take pics from above. Could you please tell me how do i check the cap is shut? i think there is a small gap between black cap and metal part, the clean valve on the left hand side also has small gap (pic attached).

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    471.8 KB · Views: 9
Should just screw in

update- I checked and it was screwed in all the way. I can loosen it if this will help?

No will leak more if undo best to get it changed

Reply to Automatic air vent leaking in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock