Search the forum,

Discuss joule thermal store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tackleberry

just a quick one guys regarding the above does the thermal store require a PRV on cold main,it came with 1 litre expansion vessel and blender,then two days later a PRV arrives is this needed? incoming pressure is 4 bar but the domestic passes through the coil.its just cause PRV has safety valve on it which i would need to discharge to the outside which would be very difficut to do cause of where the cylinder is situated. cheers.

what the manufactures instructions state? normally you have to fit a pressure reducing valve if the pressure is above a certain pressure or sometime they state one must be fitted. Either way the instructions need to be followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to joule thermal store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each apartment for domestic hot water varies greatly in timing and volume. Thus the oil boiler is required to work for long periods which is uneconomical...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in the garage which is fully pumped to the TS, the system has two pumps both basic 3speed Grunfoss, one on the boiler return and the other on the CH flow...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve gauge was going up when the water tank was switched on. My local plumber came and re-pressured the expansion vessel as it was flat, afterwards we tested...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock