Discuss Jointing compound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gas74

Gas Engineer
What's everyone's thought on what is the best water/gas jointing compound. Jet blue has been recommended to me after being forced to use fernox for years at old work, which I thought was rubbish.

[DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/sealants/REGM20"]REGM20 - Gas & Water Jointing Compound | Regin[/DLMURL]

Is my weapon of choice :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got on to Jet Lube v2, I think it is called. Expensive but never hardens - so no waste & it does gas, potable water etc.
Boss White is actually a brilliant sealant paste & nothing works better I reckon that it for any hot joints in a heating system as it will ooze into the joint & harden. I actually have sealed joints like on a coil connection at a cylinder by insulating tape stretched over boss white. Not for potable sadly & hardens in the tub unfortunately, but very cheap.

My old company used ptfe seal made by facto, brilliant stuff for water and gas, but i cant find anywhere that sells it. In the bag at the moment is Tplus2 and Loctite 557

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jointing compound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back