Discuss Jointing compound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gas74

Gas Engineer
What's everyone's thought on what is the best water/gas jointing compound. Jet blue has been recommended to me after being forced to use fernox for years at old work, which I thought was rubbish.

[DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/sealants/REGM20"]REGM20 - Gas & Water Jointing Compound | Regin[/DLMURL]

Is my weapon of choice :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got on to Jet Lube v2, I think it is called. Expensive but never hardens - so no waste & it does gas, potable water etc.
Boss White is actually a brilliant sealant paste & nothing works better I reckon that it for any hot joints in a heating system as it will ooze into the joint & harden. I actually have sealed joints like on a coil connection at a cylinder by insulating tape stretched over boss white. Not for potable sadly & hardens in the tub unfortunately, but very cheap.

My old company used ptfe seal made by facto, brilliant stuff for water and gas, but i cant find anywhere that sells it. In the bag at the moment is Tplus2 and Loctite 557

Jet blue for water and gas.

Heldite for oil.

Rocol graphite for steam.

you forgot one croppy what about boss white :)

Never use it now. Jet lube or jet blue (plumbcenter's version)

That's all the jointing compounds I carry and need.

Never use it now. Jet lube or jet blue (plumbcenter's version)

That's all the jointing compounds I carry and need.

Is that stuff like a gritty paste? I always used to use that on commercial sites as it was the what BSS used to send. Always liked it but could never remember the name.

For gas, I use GASSEAL by Rocol.

313007.51.jpg

I know its not a paste but loctite 55 thread cord is wonderful stuff and is fine for water and gas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jointing compound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was sent an engineer by Ideal Heating to fix a problem with my system. When he left he drove over a pot of sealing compound (which must have...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
P
Hi I have a leaking joint on my mains supply. The joint is where a metal service pipe is joined to blue mpde. I have never seen a joint like this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock