Discuss JIB offering me a NVQ L2 upgrade for £1025 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all, I have just walked in the door after work and I have received a letter from JIB offering me to upgrade from C&G 6129 to NVQ L2 for a total cost of £1025.

I have a green operatives CSCS card which is the reason they have contacted me, I got this card as if an opportunity arose to get voluntary work on a site I would grab it with both hands.

The only requirements are to have achieved C&G 6129 before January 31st 2012 and to be working within the plumbing industry full or part time, voluntary or otherwise (I'm doing voluntary weekends).

There is no time scale to when it needs to be completed but says should aim to have it completed in 12 months.

A maximum of 4 on site assessor visits.

I think I'm going to take it as I won't have to put myself out more than I am, obviously I will have to ask my 'weekend boss' if he is happy to be my employer and sign off any work as neccessary and I also have to know if he will be doing the jobs required to get my evidence.

The fact it's through JIB and not a 'pay us thousands to gain a £60,000 a year job' type company I see it as a good thing as they obviously want anyone using a CSCS card to be as qualified as possible.

What do you all think to this?

Also what jobs are required to to get the evidence for the NVQ?

Thanks for reading another long thread, I await helpful replies as always! :)

there are 4 categories and you need to complete 2
hot water
cold water
drainage
heating
the easiest route is hot and cold water because they can be done on the same jobs.
2 bathroom decommission and installs will give you most of what you need, there would need to be some pipe work alterations, then there are 5 maintenance jobs that cover quite a range, and a few health and safety bits and bobs that can all be pulled in on a well planned job.
the biggest part is completing the paperwork.

Last edited:
there are 4 categories and you need to complete 2
hot water
cold water
drainage
heating
the easiest route is hot and cold water because they can be done on the same jobs.
2 bathroom decommission and installs will give you most of what you need, there would need to be some pipe work alterations, then there are 5 maintenance jobs that cover quite a range, and a few health and safety bits and bobs that can all be pulled in on a well planned job.
the biggest part is completing the paperwork.

Thanks for the reply.

I did a Business administration nvq years ago and i remember the horrific amounts of paper work! lol

Would I be required to complete a bathroom install from start to finish by myself?

in theory yes m8 but how are they going to know you did/dint have help, take before,after and during pictures get the accesor to come out and see you working on it and make sure you are wearing ppe in the pics

;) good point! Obviously I would want to do most of the work myself to learn anyway but how much work would the assessor expect to watch me doing? Would they be there all day or just watch me for an hour or so?

I wouldnt expect them to be there more than half hour as said before wear ppe.They just want to see you arnt pulling 1 mainly.I know a couple of assessors and they are good lads and not there to trip you up

suppose they`re all different but i expect 1 maybe 2 hours tops its about 70 quid to get an assessor to come out,so cant see them staying too long

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/p...9-portfolio-6089-portfolio-you-print-off.html

check out the above link for websites where you can download the portfolio used for the NVQ

the assessor only needs to witness some of the sections, pipework come to mind.
the assessor I had come out, was my teacher previously, he knew what I was capable of and left me to get on with it while he filled out the paper work at the comfort of a table in the next room.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/p...9-portfolio-6089-portfolio-you-print-off.html

check out the above link for websites where you can download the portfolio used for the NVQ

the assessor only needs to witness some of the sections, pipework come to mind.
the assessor I had come out, was my teacher previously, he knew what I was capable of and left me to get on with it while he filled out the paper work at the comfort of a table in the next room.

Thanks! gives me a good idea of what I will need to do.

The writeups are definitely the worst part of it ash, and definitely worth getting your nvq as most agencies I've found won't touch you without an nvq, the 6129 isn't worth the paper it's written on IMO

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qjycs2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to JIB offering me a NVQ L2 upgrade for £1025 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock