Discuss JIB Do not recognise City & Guilds without NVQ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EastLondonPlumb

Hi all just a heads up that JIB will not issue a blue or gold skills card without a NVQ. They say the City & Guilds is just the classroom side to the qualification. To which i do not agree, on a city & guilds course you will have a practical portfolio as well as written exams. You also complete a final assessment which is exactly the same as a NVQ.

Just a heads up to all on a City & Guilds course make sure you get the NVQ.

Depends what C&G cert you have, unfortunately some are just classroom theory Certs and not worth having on their own

The idea behind the only recognised plumbing qualification (C&G 6189) introduced a couple of years ago was that it was an NVQ qualification i.e. you had to be working, not just a classroom test, you combined work based learning with college.

I am sorry EastLondon but you don't know much about Plumbing if you think that you can learn enough about the trade to hold a card & work on site from just a college course!!

The trouble is that so much revenue was being lost by the colleges that they campaigned to have the college only course re-enstated but it does not make you a plumber & never can no matter what they promise you & how much money you pay! Beware of the C&G 6035 !!

I feel for you but carrying out plumbing tasks in a college is in no way the same as doing it in the work place.

Hi all just a heads up that JIB will not issue a blue or gold skills card without a NVQ. They say the City & Guilds is just the classroom side to the qualification. To which i do not agree, on a city & guilds course you will have a practical portfolio as well as written exams. You also complete a final assessment which is exactly the same as a NVQ.

Just a heads up to all on a City & Guilds course make sure you get the NVQ.

seems your the one sheep walking in a different direction to the flock old son, common knowledge, you may have soldered a few pipes but you need a bit more experience than that to be honest

Ive done 3 years at college doing c+g level 2 and 3 electrical. No site experience. I am by no means an electrician!!

in college there was 21 on the level 2 non nvq course and they all passed and not one of them are doing anything to do with plumbing now. its a stupid course really you can only do 75% in college the rest is onsite. its just keeping the college tutors in a job

what c+g electrical course did you do ?

2330 level 2 and 3. Also 2392 inspection and test and 17th ed. I bet most of the guys on here know more than me about stuff. Didn't even tough centeal heating controls. Cost distinctions throughout but without site experience I lack the confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to JIB Do not recognise City & Guilds without NVQ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Vacancies within our Plumbing Team at City College Norwich Full time, £23.789 - £34,606 per annum dependant on appointment An exciting...
Replies
Views
Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I am considering retraining and like a few on here I am in my 30s and currently working full time, four days a week. I read a bit...
Replies
Views
Hello Plumbers/Gas Engineers, Excuse if this question has been raised but i am in a slight dilemma and for the past 2 weeks the internet has not...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock