Search the forum,

Discuss Japanese Saw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
502400_xl.jpg

I'm thinking about getting one of these from Axminster, £25.00 they are supposed to be the dogs. Anyone got one?

http://www.axminster.co.uk/japanese-265-kataba-crosscut-saw-502400

yes, I have loads of them.
what do you plan to use it for though? dovetails? cabinet making etc?

That looks more like a weapon!
I just use a small Bahco fine tooth saw which is handy for fine work, - like trimming bath panels or fine woodwork. Will cut you to the bone if you slip though, due to the fine teeth.
http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/bahco-...tracking url&gclid=CLSxmoH1j9ACFZKdGwodbuEA8w

Last edited:
Bet it's great for cutting kooltherm or rocklap foil faced insulation.

The Jap saw cuts on the pull stroke, which, those of us who have had occasion to reverse blade in junior hacksaw know, is useful in certain situations. The added advantage of dedicated pull stroke saw is blade and kerf are thinner. As for cutting foil faced insulation I have yet to find anything better than a long bladed butchers knife, which eliminates the sawdust and associated irritation to eyes and throat.

Just get the Bahco PrizeCut fine tooth saw (as above), a third the cost and will take all the plumber's abuse you can give it. I 've used that model for years and it's far better than any hacksaw for cutting plastics especially piping and great for finer work in general, sharp as which it keeps it for an age too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Japanese Saw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock