Discuss Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Fire on full for 2 minutes start 01710433 after 2 minutes 01710450.

central heating on full 30 degrees 01710550 after 2 minutes 01710644

With Fire on full for 2 minutes start 01710433 after 2 minutes 01710450.

central heating on full 30 degrees 01710550 after 2 minutes 01710644

I get 17 for the fire and 94 for central heating on full 30 degrees correct? m3

last 3 digits are red

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterdays full readings were 01706471 and 01709244 last 3 digits red and M3 and temperature was 21 degrees

And that was central heating on for 12 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your cv is a measurement that we use to determine how much heat is generated per unit of gas.

It'll be a number somewhere between 38 and 42. I'll take it as being 41.04 as that's what we're using in Northern Ireland.

Even though you're online you should see your tariff per unit.

Your cv is a measurement that we use to determine how much heat is generated per unit of gas.

It'll be a number somewhere between 38 and 42. I'll take it as being 41.04 as that's what we're using in Northern Ireland.

Even though you're online you should see your tariff per unit.
I am bloody hopeless at online billing changing to paper. But I found this. If it helps

The calorific value refers to the amount of energy that’s released when a certain amount of gas is completely combusted under specific conditions throughout the National Grid system.

It’s measured continually and changes a small amount every day, but a typical example of the calorific value is 39.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my whole house and changing from combi boiler to a 30kW system boiler & 250Ltr or 300Ltr unvented indirect hw tank. Can somebody...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock