Discuss Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setting 18 degree's for a hall thermostat is plenty, set your rad stat to 3 or 4. You'll probably find that's where your extra £20 a month has been going.

Heating controls - five money-saving tips - Creating an energy saving home - Which? Energy
Now that would be a result it's a danfoss wireless heating control and is only set to come on above 20 but I must have done something as when I turn it on now it comes on at 20 sometimes. Going to have a look on youtube to see if I can get it on my own. Failing that I will be calling for a heating engineer. And the last one I had didn't have a clue either

You obviously have internet else I wouldn't suggest this: you may find you can download instructions for your thermostat online if you put in the make and model number and do a bit of hunting.

You obviously have internet else I wouldn't suggest this: you may find you can download instructions for your thermostat online if you put in the make and model number and do a bit of hunting.
Yes I do mate and I am off to hunt.

Yes I do mate and I am off to hunt. It's danfoss tp50001 I think that's the last model mentioned TP5001+RF

Yes I do mate and I am off to hunt. It's danfoss tp50001 I think that's the last model mentioned TP5001+RF

Stuff what people tell you to set your stat at! Your perception of warmth is different to mine or anybody else's.

For example. I like a cool house, Mrs Croppie doesn't.

Going by what you've said on here I would contact Scottish Power if I were you. They should be only too pleased to help you. If that gets you nowhere get on to environmental health.

1709 is the meter reading at 9:32pm, thanks everyone off to bed my guts are killing me. Oh, I get a sleep tonight. There's one major thing I forgot about my old house. And it is that it did not have a thermostat just a control, with on twice on all day and on. So I don’t know what the temperature was. I just had on twice a day setting and put it on and off whenever I was cold it had 24 hour clock on it, that revolved. So I don’t know if you guys would know what temperature that would be set at!

Last edited by a moderator:
With no room stat the temperature is set by the boiler, if it was on twice a day rather than all day as your current system is that'll go a long way to explaining the discrepancy in gas usage from your old place.

Once you've got to grips with the hall stat set it at 18 to begin with and set your rad stats as you require them not what you think they should be. As you admitted you were boiling with TRV set on max therefore try a lower setting.

With no room stat the temperature is set by the boiler, if it was on twice a day rather than all day as your current system is that'll go a long way to explaining the discrepancy in gas usage from your old place.

Once you've got to grips with the hall stat set it at 18 to begin with and set your rad stats as you require them not what you think they should be. As you admitted you were boiling with TRV set on max therefore try a lower setting.

Yes I could only set it to warm house up in the morning and evening and just used it whenever I wanted in between and after those time mate. I have used 277 units if I am correct today then 1706 to 1709?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my whole house and changing from combi boiler to a 30kW system boiler & 250Ltr or 300Ltr unvented indirect hw tank. Can somebody...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock