Discuss Is it a differential pressure bypass valve i need? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keith1st

Hi can anybody help me please ? Problem.I have a 250ltr mains pressurized (3bar) hot water tank. On the hot side i have fitted a tmv to supply my domestic at 55c.As the water in the tank is 80c + i want to divert the excess back into the cold feed to slow the cooling down of the entire tank.Can i do it and How can i do this PLEASE.

Firstly why are you storing the water at such a ridiculously high temperature? The stored water should be 50 - 65C. Secondly the mixing valve blends cold with hot to provide the required temperature so there is no excess. To slow down the cooling of the tank store it at a reasonable temperature.

Mike

Hi Mike Thanks for getting involved.The waters that hot as it's solar heated and i'm in spain.I have fitted the tmv on the hot out and i thought that when the tmv was working i could divert some of the hot water(brfore the tmv into the cold feed ! Does this make any sense to you?

nice one for the free hot water.

you are already recylcing the excess hot water with the tmv!!
if its plumbed in correctly, the excess temperature you have is mixed with incoming cold, so you are using less hot water out of the tank, you would have to post drawings to confirm your set up, but it dosnt sound like your wasting anything.

whereabout in spain are you??

shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it a differential pressure bypass valve i need? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock