Discuss Is a flow switch really necessary? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

If that was the case then only a combi boiler would be acceptable for hot water Any system which used stored hot water would fail the test. Recharging the cylinder is a legitimate reason for having the boiler on. The regulations also specify how well the cylinder needs to be insulated, so reducing the heat loss from the cylinder.

Exactly, so a cylinder stat is a legitimate boiler interlock as well.

In the system I am talking about, recharging the cylinder is the only reason to have the boiler on.

Exactly, so a cylinder stat is a legitimate boiler interlock as well.

In the system I am talking about, recharging the cylinder is the only reason to have the boiler on.
In your system the boiler is turned off when the cylinder is up to temperature. But the regs say the boiler has to turn off when there is no demand for space heating or hot water, which is not the same thing. The boiler could continue heating the cylinder for some time after the ch/hw demand had ended.

The boiler could continue heating the cylinder for some time after the ch/hw demand had ended.

This happens in all normal unvented cylinder installations.

Reply to Is a flow switch really necessary? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock