Discuss 'Initial check' for boiler insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
They want to make sure its in working in order before they insure it, installed to a fair standard and not about to fall off the wall. Put your money in a savings account and pay a local engineer when it goes wrong

Sturdy boiler but they will push a new on efficiency and parts being obsolete

prehaps you should have got a few quotes for comparison, seriously..............

Potterton kingfisher II

They stopped making those in either '93 or '97 depending on the model.

The problem with insurance is the company have to be able to fulfill their terms and taking on boilers from the late 80's isn't the best idea. I work for one of these big firms and I'd decline the insurance, but then you might get a numpty who will just say aye and not care. Once you are accepted you are accepted.

Get a few quotes, £9k must have been the whole system and a decent hot water tank.

I'd be surprised if you didn't shave a 1/3rd off your gas bill especially if you have the old open flue version.

They stopped making those in either '93 or '97 depending on the model.

The problem with insurance is the company have to be able to fulfill their terms and taking on boilers from the late 80's isn't the best idea. I work for one of these big firms and I'd decline the insurance, but then you might get a numpty who will just say aye and not care. Once you are accepted you are accepted.

Get a few quotes, £9k must have been the whole system and a decent hot water tank.

I'd be surprised if you didn't shave a 1/3rd off your gas bill especially if you have the old open flue version.

I think he said it would be for boiler and new rads, or to get a new boiler and flush the current system instead of replacing rads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 'Initial check' for boiler insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
S
Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a few questions regarding a boiler in my father-in-laws place that I'm very worried about and would like advice. My father-in-law...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock