Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Standard – Idealfill Cone Operating Direction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
These bath fillers ((Part number A4021AA) come as a pair with one turning on clockwise and the other turning on anti-clockwise. I can see why you would want this with the taps mounted on the bath as the handles could be pointing sideways for off and towards the bath for on.

I have mounted mine on a wall, one above the other, and would like them to both turn on in an anti-clockwise direction such that when the handles are to the left they are off and when pointing down they are on.

Is there a way, I could modify one of the cartridges to change the direction? It appears that I might be able to remove the brass ‘square shaped’ circlip, remove and rotate the silver plate which limits rotation by 90 degrees and then refit the clip.

Tap_zps4f490053.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I can answer this now; took about 30 seconds. Clip off, remove stop plate and replace at 90 degrees, replace clip. Both taps now turn on in the same direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Standard – Idealfill Cone Operating Direction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

There has been some useful info in other threads on how to start removing an Ideal Standard toilet set. There's no push release on this model, the seat mechanism so has two rusted hex screws attaching the seat that were a pain to get off which then needed some wd40 and heavy force to get the...
Replies
Views
So this has Crosswater stumped. I have a 4 way shower valve. When all the knobs are pointing up, everything is off. When I turn 90 degree to the left (anti clockwise) each shower unit turns on (overhead/handled/jets). One seized so, being the lockdown DIY expert that I became, I decided to do...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
Hi all Some advice if possible. I fitted a new shower yesterday (Mira ERD Realm) thermostatic type at a clients house. Very pleased with the flow rate BUT it could be hotter. After flushing and commissioning I left the shower to run on full power ( lever turned up completely anti clockwise. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock