Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss I had to use a screwdriver today! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Lent a friend my cordless drill and asked him to make sure it was charged when I picked it up this morning.
Went to do a rad swap and picked the cordless up on the way, the drill died undoing the first bracket.
I then had to get one of those things that poor people call screwdrivers out of the bottom of the toolbox normally reserved for building stuff like hammers/bolsters etc. and proceed to undo 6 very stiff screws - Manually! By hand, like a pauper, or a spark or something...
Not only that I then had to tighten another 4 even stiffer bolts into the wall on the new brackets in the same crude manner.
I feel all dirty now...
:leaving:

One of these I assume?

girly-screwdriver-she-driver.jpg

He flattened 2 batteries the evil monkey fiddler...
Haha yeah Tom, just like one of those ;)
TBh though my hands actually look like I've done a bit today after all that tedious manual labour with the 'screwdriver' or whatever its proper name is...

Mine charges in 20 minutes !
Not as bad as my day !
I heard that voice that annoys me all the time saying yes that is not a problem digging up your concrete path and making a new sewer connection in a brick built manhole !
It is always the same idiot who says these things !
Pricing it now I bet they say yes !

My old chippie would have been proud of you !
I kid you not when I took him on he had never used a cordless !
Liked his yankee
Mind I gave him one to try a big mistake he was like a man posessed noone could touch it after that it was his !
First I ever bought was a Makita 7.2 v we thought they were fantastic !
When we moved to 9.6 then 12 v it was a whole new world !

I never lend tools out anymore, i don't care who they are or how little time they want it for.

I never lend tools out anymore, i don't care who they are or how little time they want it for.
You learn that lesson the hard way !
Leant my mini excavator to so called best friend and when went to collect it he is down the road digging a new driveway for a neighbour !
Never so much as a drink and found out he charged them ÂŁ200 .
I hate people !

Ha ha ha....

Us modern plumbers don't know we're born with all our gadgets and gizmos....I wouldn't last two minutes on a pre WW2 building site they had nothing and still built better houses than today.

My view is if you can't use proper hand tools you've no right using the powered ones.

Was a lesson taught me as an apprentice.

I busted my wrist on a night out, next 6 months i didn't use an impact unless i really had too.

Now i see why the old fellers 60+ can turn your hands to dust with a hand shake!

My view is if you can't use proper hand tools you've no right using the powered ones.

Was a lesson taught me as an apprentice.

Well, 2 years ago big site job in Manchester, redundancy multvolt generators went off, ones where you run 230 or 110 anywhere on site.

Only trades that couldn't seem to get on with work were the electricians, got too dependent on their box sinkers and SDS chisels, to the point they literally did not know what to do with themselves for the rest of the day, they looked proper idiots.

2nd year Plumbing apprentices were stitching holes, these sparks sat in their vans, at cost to themselves, they were not going to be reimbursed because it was not guaranteed power.

Toptip:
if some alleged spark says he is a Electrician, make sure he has done his AM2 and don't ever trust a domestic installer to go anywhere near a control center.

Another weird one, 6 half built houses in a cul-de-sac, the Royal Mail started delivering and apparently you couldn't stop them it was an open site and on the record, thus they were legally bound, so the posties, not their fault at all they were just being told what to do, had to drop modern day spam where they thought the front door might be.

British Gas propaganda to top it off, always nice to see the inter departments working.

Only just realised they are screwdrivers, on my phone they looked like ******, makes more sense now. I thought Tom was saying to go f himself

Last edited by a moderator:
first 5 years of my career i used a long reach normal driver,i am fairly new to battery kit only embracing it in the last couple of years i could put a 2 inch 10 in better than a driver in my mind,impact driver has proved that was nonsense ,but i dont like the way there's no feel with a impact driver its tight but no feel

Trying to describe an impact driver to someone is harder

| no, it drives all the torque to the head, what don't you understand!!!!!

Although I keep threatening to buy one, I've never owned an electric drill/driver. Screwdriver all day long for me - forearms like Popeye.

Although I keep threatening to buy one, I've never owned an electric drill/driver. Screwdriver all day long for me - forearms like Popeye.

I have way too many cordless drills...at least 9! All have their own purpose.

Get yourself one keefy....at least the time saved will get you home for your tea earlier.

I have way too many cordless drills...at least 9! All have their own purpose.

Get yourself one keefy....at least the time saved will get you home for your tea earlier.

There's a tool shop near me which does reconditioned DeWalt's inc 2 batteries with 12 month guarantee (warrantee??) for ÂŁ70, seems a good deal so might have a mooch.

I just tend to think that between me and a screwdriver I can control the torque much more precisely.

Among my collection is a small 10.8v combi drill always in my toolbox...Bosch. The power is amazing and also very delicate when you need it to be. always had a PZ2 in it and saves loads of time.

I just tend to think that between me and a screwdriver I can control the torque much more precisely.

Pic of your massive forearm please, what industry you in, light industrial fair enough, not having that for domestic, through commercial work though, interesting....

Pic of your massive forearm please, what industry you in, light industrial fair enough, not having that for domestic, through commercial work though, interesting....

Well okay, it makes your forearms feel like Popeye's.

One forearm is bigger than the other though, can't think why...

Switch hands, makes it feel like someone else is doing it.

Close your eyes and imagine it's Zeb's hand and it's even better... forget who told me that but it's one of the mods here, I'm sure of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I had to use a screwdriver today! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So you have some fancy porcelain tiles on the job and you think you can just angle grind your way through it to make holes. Right Idea? Well at...
Replies
Views
365drills
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock