Discuss I could kick myself! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fuzzy

Just completed a new en-suite at home a few weeks ago. tiled all round the base of the shower tray and made a nice job of it too. tonight ive just seen a water mark in the lounge just below, aaarrrhhhhhh
Im pretty sure its from the waste connection, i didnt use silicome as i normally do and i think its dripping, i could kick myself!!
ive drilled a few small pilot holes in the ceiling and tried to silicone around the waste as it is in, there was a lip after putting the thing together,. why didnt i do it in the first place to make sure??? i must be loosing it!

i hope my make shift silicone does the job, if not ill have to cut the ceiling out, easier than ripping up shower tray, tiling, liquid nailed to a self made plinth which stopped me seeing the waste in action anyway

i am stupid

think it was tackleburger who was slating me for siliconing my wastes and washers - wastes these days are so poor- hard luck fuzz - least it was your own house though pal

thinkin of replaceing it with a bucket, when its full your clean and you can pour it down the toilet, that doesnt leak....not yet anyway

Not thinking straight eh! perhaps to much celebrating 1000th posts:Dregards turnpin

Have you thought of phoning a local chappie/plumber? You never know what advice you might find on here ...!!!!

:p - Big tongue in even bigger cheek remark!!!!!!

I sympathise as I expect you were especially careful with the tiling and everything else and took extra time to do the job properly.

Hope you sort it easily and quickly.

you dont need to sympathise, im the first to take the urine!!!!!!!!!!
drilled some inspection holes from beneath, defo leaking! will cut out ceiling next opportunity, my lifes juts so busy with work an kids i could have done without, prob summat stupid analll l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be to hasty, water features are quite popular. And the misses might sign up to it? As they keep the dust down.

well said, i may run a gutter from the lounge to outside catching the water, saves cutting into the ceiling!

well said, i may run a gutter from the lounge to outside catching the water, saves cutting into the ceiling!

If you use end caps and well placed clips you could create a teeter totter effect.

Relaxing and hours of amusement for the family!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I could kick myself! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I fitted a bath/shower 12 years ago and a few months ago it developed a leak. It was basically at a coupler on 40mm solvent where my new...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just wondering how you'd all tackle this. (I'm a bit of a lone plumber, so don't get to discuss jobs generally). Customer has sent me...
Replies
Views
Hi all Having a bit of a mare; some of you may recall but after having my last shower installation botched (but thankfully getting my money back...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need advice from experienced plumbers please, I got my bathroom done a few weeks ago, the job was done but the detail was very poor. I had...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock