Discuss I am looking at doing a plumbing heating and gas course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Benjamin Hobson

Hi all,
i am about to leave the Royal Marines next year and I am looking at getting into plumbing/gas.
i have found a course I like the look of just wanted some advise on if this is the right way to go?
it is with brookehouse training ltd and is a multi-skilled gas engineer level 3 including plumbing, central heating, gas, appliance fault finding and a guaranteed workplace in writing to build my portfolio.
qualifications gained will be BPEC water regulations (bye laws), CITB intermediate gas certificate and CITB ACS assessments.
is this enough to get a start in the industry and to become gas registered?

thanks for all replys in advance

There are a lot of threads about private courses on here.I have seen very few positive comments and many comment about how expensive they are and that the qualifications offered are not what the trade is looking for.There are a number of threads on here specifically about Brookhouse Training.I have just read through one from March 2013 which gives a balanced review.

Welcome benjamin.
Start with check in plumbing courses in the plumbing forum.
And hopefully this will get you up and running with some advice interest.
Good luck and hope you enjoy it here in the UKPF

Just an extra question, how long are you looking at to build your portfolio up? Is 6 weeks enough as that's what they say?

It may also be a good idea to see how many other gas and plumbs are operating in your catchment area .

Hi, there are quite a few, but the training provider offers a work placement in your area guaranteed, I'm also willing to travel daily

Yes I understand that, but I think if you look hard enough and come across well that shouldn't be a problem, what I wanted to know was how long you think it will take to build a portfolio? Is it a certain amount of jobs? Hours?

Yes I understand that, but I think if you look hard enough and come across well that shouldn't be a problem

#6, there are quite a few in my area is what you said now that to me is a problem! Please take your Rose tinted glasses off for one minute.

How's that a problem? I'm not looking to set up a business? I'm looking to do the course and get work, which surely means the more in my area the better? Also I was on about a work placement in my area so again surely that's a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I am looking at doing a plumbing heating and gas course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I'm about to progress from Level 2 C&G to Level 3 (starting in September): I'd always thought i would do the Level 3 Gas, as this was...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock