Discuss I 35 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
put it this way combi will only do lets say 18lpm (one outlet) the 9lpm two outlets and wont get hot etc so yes wrong system if you want more than one running outlet

but it all depends on what your incoming water mains pressure and flow is

Ideal Vogue 40kW Combination Boiler Natural Gas. Is this a more suitable boiler for my needs.

No, if you want satisfactory showers in both bathrooms at the same time A combi boiler is not what you need. I am sorry to say your builder/plumber have c0cked up

Last edited:
Ideal Vogue 40kW Combination Boiler Natural Gas. Is this a more suitable boiler for my needs.

i would say no as only 16lpm so wont run more than one outlet with a good drop on the other

Well the plumber says the I combi will run 2 bathrooms with mixer tap. The wet room will have mixer taps but moh wants an electric upstairs just in case the boiler breaks down although our last boiler did not in 22yrs.

Well the plumber says the I combi will run 2 bathrooms with mixer tap. The wet room will have mixer taps but moh wants an electric upstairs just in case the boiler breaks down although our last boiler did not in 22yrs.

tbh i would be suprised if your boiler will last any more than 12-15 years max and the plumber is wrong, ask him for his heat loss calcs for rads also

So are they telling you you have to have an electric shower or is this what you want? It seems rather that they are dictating what youre having in your house when it should be the other way around

I think to summarise OP you need to sit down and have a discussion with your architect/builder/plumber. What they have installed sounds to me like an inferior system to what I think 99% of the professional people on this website would recommend. If they are telling you to install an electric shower just to cover up their **** up then I'm sorry you need to bin them

We don't know what budget was being worked to so shouldn't blame the plumber just yet.

What people want and what they are prepared to pay for are often very different

It's very true mate I guess it's just common sense to us if extensive building works are being done that you would put in a decent future proof heating and hot water system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I 35 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock