Search the forum,

Discuss I 35 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gazdon

Hi to all I'm new to this forum so take it easy on me My plumber has installed an I 35 combi from ideal. I can't seem to find any info on this product and the fact that he has installed many with no issues(so he says) doesn't put my mind at ease .The reason I say this is because he has had no issues until now. The problem is it will fire up but pilot keeps going out and he cannot seem to fix it. He has contacted ideal who can't come out until Tuesday. This is a new boiler. I have told him I want this removed and replaced with a better boiler capable of running 2 bathrooms. Any ideas please. Gazdon

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea`s? > Wait and see what Ideal say to all of your Q`s then you may have the intel to support your request.

PS
Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know anything about this boiler? It looks pretty basic compared to what else is available. I don't know anything about boilers after all.

Does it work for heating or hot water?
There is no pilot light!
Post some pictures if you can

Wrong system for two bathrooms unvented cylinder and heat only boiler

also how much did you pay ?

I don't know anything about boilers after all.

No worries, this is where having different people quote and having trust between customer and installer is important. The boiler may be faulty from new or the installer may be at fault only time will tell I`m afraid. Really hope the installer was gas safe registered to carry out the work though.
Sounds like scott_d is on the case.

Here's what I know. As part of a complex extension had all new runs of pipe to the the new boiler. All rads replaced and connected up. When the boiler fires up it ends up displaying L 1

As this is part of a bigger job ( 2 extensions New bathroom upstairs Downstairs wet room) the price for the whole job to my builder who subs out. As my previous boiler a worcester 240 gave up after 22yrs and never let me down until last year. I told my builder exactly what I required and the plumber installed the I combi.

Yes the plumber is gas safe registered.

Is the I range not an ideal boiler from plumb center. Either way it won't cut the mustard if you have two bathrooms going at the same time.

Ok this what I asked for. A system capable of supplying 2 bathrooms and running washing machine or running taps with no considerable loss in pressure. Are you saying the I combi will not give me what I want?

A Combi boiler is not designed to run two Hot outlets at the same time pure and simple. Did the builder do a lot of the work and literally just bring in a gas guy at the end of it to sign it off? It sounds like a very poorly specced system. Especially as you were having other works done so a better system couldve been incorporated

This is an architect led build. Everything from planning right through. The builder is one of the architects preferred builders. The builder has a very small team and brings in the trades. Everything from planning has Been covered or so I thought. This job started end of July and still has at least 5wks remaining.

Either way an architect shouldn't really be Specing a boiler A proper heating engineer should've been enlisted to carry out the necessary calculations etc. By the by this is irrelevant as what you have installed isn't fit for purpose

The only saving factor here might be do either of your bathrooms have an electric shower in

put it this way combi will only do lets say 18lpm (one outlet) the 9lpm two outlets and wont get hot etc so yes wrong system if you want more than one running outlet

but it all depends on what your incoming water mains pressure and flow is

Ideal Vogue 40kW Combination Boiler Natural Gas. Is this a more suitable boiler for my needs.

No, if you want satisfactory showers in both bathrooms at the same time A combi boiler is not what you need. I am sorry to say your builder/plumber have c0cked up

Last edited:
Ideal Vogue 40kW Combination Boiler Natural Gas. Is this a more suitable boiler for my needs.

i would say no as only 16lpm so wont run more than one outlet with a good drop on the other

Well the plumber says the I combi will run 2 bathrooms with mixer tap. The wet room will have mixer taps but moh wants an electric upstairs just in case the boiler breaks down although our last boiler did not in 22yrs.

Well the plumber says the I combi will run 2 bathrooms with mixer tap. The wet room will have mixer taps but moh wants an electric upstairs just in case the boiler breaks down although our last boiler did not in 22yrs.

tbh i would be suprised if your boiler will last any more than 12-15 years max and the plumber is wrong, ask him for his heat loss calcs for rads also

So are they telling you you have to have an electric shower or is this what you want? It seems rather that they are dictating what youre having in your house when it should be the other way around

I think to summarise OP you need to sit down and have a discussion with your architect/builder/plumber. What they have installed sounds to me like an inferior system to what I think 99% of the professional people on this website would recommend. If they are telling you to install an electric shower just to cover up their **** up then I'm sorry you need to bin them

We don't know what budget was being worked to so shouldn't blame the plumber just yet.

What people want and what they are prepared to pay for are often very different

It's very true mate I guess it's just common sense to us if extensive building works are being done that you would put in a decent future proof heating and hot water system

Ok guys lots of replys and thanks

The whole job is 85k incl kitchen ext , sunroom 10 x 10 wet room created from rear of garage, kitchen completely gutted and Reftted with howdens Tewkesbury range and fully tiled bathroom completely gutted refiited Inc fully tiled walls laminate flooring to all new areas Inc underfloor heating.All existing rads replaced plus new ones to new areas also boiler to run 2 showers and the possibility of running washing machine. All new 22mm pipework from mains to boiler etc and new Windows to match at rear of property

Well they've not supplied what you asked for in terms of the boiler. I'd make a stand and get them to rethink their install

If we are talking of a tank in the attic then we got rid 22yrs ago or are there other options

Look up unvented cylinder and system/heat only boiler. Unvented cylinder will allow mains pressure balanced hot & cold water at every outlet. Best solution for you all round if your mains flow and pressure are up to it. No loft tanks unless that's where you decide to site the cylinder

If we are talking of a tank in the attic then we got rid 22yrs ago or are there other options

cylinder

megaflo-unvented-hot-water-cylinder.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I 35 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock