Search the forum,

Discuss How Will I Fix Gold Bar Mixer To Wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to fix this gold coloured bar mixer to a tiled block wall to replace an old mixer that had compression elbows.

Tre Mercati Roma Gold Plated Exposed Thermostatic Shower Valve | 979A

The pipes go through the wall to the hot and cold pipes in cupboard behind shower. As the new mixer has standard shower couplings, I will need to fit a bar mixer fixing kit. These kits have larger shrouds to cover the fixings – but none are available in gold – all shrouds are chrome.

Ultra Chrome Wall Mounted Fixings - A315 at Victorian Plumbing UK

The new gold mixer comes with gold shrouds, but are shallower than the ones in the fixing kits. How can I install the mixer and use the original shrouds?

Last edited:
Can you get the new ones plated? Probably not cheap but depends what customer wants

The gold shrouds will fit the chrome fixing kit.
A wee bit careful measuring and you won't see any chrome.
Think about it.

Btw want to buy some gold taps cheap :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How Will I Fix Gold Bar Mixer To Wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
hi all i hope you are all well i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some photos and questions. i'm using fast fixing brackets. i was wondering what length do i cut the pipe to? also my shower bar mixer has these cone shaped...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Need a bit of advice for installing a shower mixer valve. Issue Im having is that the tiler put the tiles on and the gap has went from 150mm to 135mm. I have 2 copper pipes coming out of the wall and have the mixer valve already measuring 150mm. Ive two offset connectors but not sure how to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock