Discuss How Will I Fix Gold Bar Mixer To Wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to fix this gold coloured bar mixer to a tiled block wall to replace an old mixer that had compression elbows.

Tre Mercati Roma Gold Plated Exposed Thermostatic Shower Valve | 979A

The pipes go through the wall to the hot and cold pipes in cupboard behind shower. As the new mixer has standard shower couplings, I will need to fit a bar mixer fixing kit. These kits have larger shrouds to cover the fixings – but none are available in gold – all shrouds are chrome.

Ultra Chrome Wall Mounted Fixings - A315 at Victorian Plumbing UK

The new gold mixer comes with gold shrouds, but are shallower than the ones in the fixing kits. How can I install the mixer and use the original shrouds?

Last edited:
Can you get the new ones plated? Probably not cheap but depends what customer wants

The gold shrouds will fit the chrome fixing kit.
A wee bit careful measuring and you won't see any chrome.
Think about it.

Btw want to buy some gold taps cheap :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How Will I Fix Gold Bar Mixer To Wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back