Search the forum,

Discuss How to take apart Secta basin mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Silvabell25

Hello,
Hoping someone can help me. I have a Secta bathroom mixer tap from Victoria Plumb https://victoriaplum.com/product/secta-basin-mixer-tap27 and i've taken off the top of the right hand tap but i can't for the life of me work out how to get the sleeve off the tap fixing. In the picture on the website i'm talking about the bit in the middle of the tap - i've taken off the turning arm but i'm left with a long pin sticking out which fits an alan key to turn it off and on, but i can't get the bit below it off to access the leaking washer. I've tried twisting it but no movement at all. And i can't pull it straight off. Any ideas? I have a photo, but i can't see how to post it here.
Thanks
Jess

If you are trying to find a leaking tap washer then its unlikey that tap will have them, it will be ceramic cartridges, could be 8/9/10.5mm spline and of 1000's of different shaft lengths.

Turn the collar anticlockwise with grips round a cloth, prepare yourself for damage to the chrome.

Actually no....have you registered silvabel25? I guess you must have...

Oh. That sounds like a new tap. Grrr. Thanks for the info.
Apologies if i've used the site incorrectly. I wasn't asked to register to post....

You mean you didn't read in full the exiting riviting page turning read that are the forum pre post terms and conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to take apart Secta basin mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock