Discuss How to solder vertical joints in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Have a laugh at this video teaching you how to solder a vertical joint properly.
Amazing how some people are so confident and think they can use their expertise to enlighten others.
Seems I have been doing it all wrong. :smile:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cHjFOTGueQc

Last edited:
Wouldn't you start at the top and let the solder run down the inside of the fitting?

Cooling it and knocking it like that will make it leak!

I didn't realise you had to use "sodder" And I've been using solder all this time!

and he used too much "sodder" as well, which he needed to do as he had melted all the flux

I'm not sure what this teaches us?

Other than not to solder like this

I could teach a drunk chimp to 'sodder' better than that in about 30 seconds. It's embarrasing how proud he sounds as well!

I think the trouble is you guys have not realised that he is doing American soft soldering, not at all like the British kind, completely different.

As we all know Americans do everything bigger and better than anyone else.

I think the trouble is you guys have not realised that he is doing American soft soldering, not at all like the British kind, completely different.

As we all know Americans do everything bigger and better than anyone else.

Yeh, a lot bigger snotters running down pipe for a start!!

I know he was talking as he was going but once he turned his torch on, if it'd been hot enough, that should have been a 15 second operation. Way to make a meal of that!

He could have brazed that coupler with that heat!! He must go through lots of solder, I bet he wonders why he still gets leaks lol!

hahaha that is hurrendous soldering. Thanks for the video mate. Certainly made me chuckle!! haha

hahaha that is hurrendous soldering. Thanks for the video mate. Certainly made me chuckle!! haha

I just had to share the video! I also had to laugh when I saw it. I expected him to at the very least clean the joint up a bit & give it a final touch of heat. He definitely broke that joint as he give it a good battering as he prodded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to solder vertical joints in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock