Search the forum,

Discuss How to independently control valiant boiler temp outputs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi to all, found the forum on my quest to better my current heating system. Seems the most knowledgable forum so a good start.

Ok So my house is a 1970's 4 bed detached, upgraded cavity wall and loft and new double glazing. The system consists of a valiant Ecotec pro 630 system boiler, unvented cylinder, traditional rads with trv4's and single garage conversion and small porch running single zone ufh. I have three of the new heatmiser smartstat running as upstairs, downstairs and garage conversion. An old Drayton time clock operates the DHW.

I am aware that the boiler output itself is overpowered for the house but that's not the end of the world as I can tweek it's output to a lower kW.

What I would like to know is what can I add (in the way of valiant controls? Or 3rd party?) to my system that enables me independently control water output temperatures for the CH and DHW? In the Boiler engineering menu's there is function to set temp output for CH and DHW and further DHW settings but the DWH parts are all non adjustable. Im just really after having a lower CH output (say 55c) to DWH (65c)

To get the boiler return temp and thus get it condensing around the 53c mark and for a comfortable radiator temp would require around 50-55c output yes I want over 60c for anti legionella. Also a lower Temp for the UFH would limit the cycling somewhat!

So thank your for reading this far, sorry it was a bit long winded!! Chris

You would need a vaillant divertor installed and an alteration to the pipework. The cylinder would require its own flow from the divertor. Best to contact vaillant for more info.

Vaillant do a controller for this and a bus connector that goes into the boiler circuit board to control temps.
Total cost of materials would be about ÂŁ450. You will never get a return on that.
plis it's the worst thing in the world to set up!

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to independently control valiant boiler temp outputs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
Experiencing an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 21i conventional boiler if anyone could help! I have previously installed a Tado smart controls system and is all working correctly with my 3 zone s plan system (CH x2, & HW). Boiler fires from the LR (signal) when the Tado calls for heat but...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal Isar He30 ( yes I know they are crap!) the boiler works but the contol panel asppears to be dead, the DHW and CH temperature controls have no effect and the boiler runs at max temp on both DHW and CH. I have repalced the display/contol panel and it still appearsto be dead. Would...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water cylinder on first floor with two motorised valves and stat. I want to replace the boiler with minimal cost and max efficiency so thinking of replacing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock