Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss How much for an hourly rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefaz

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
For those who got involved in the other thread of how much to pay people,I came across this today...now I think this is terrible,wonder how many will go for this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 59
I'd hope the bonus is substantial!! £8.40/hr is just less than half what I was on 10yrs ago working for BG!! It's less than £1400/month.... SHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!

The bonus maybe....but you shouldn't have to work ur @rse off just to earn a 'normal' wage. It's shoUld be normal wage then if you make the company lots of money the give you a bonus accordingly.

And there you have your answer, over the years the plumbing industry has become deskilled. Most so called Plumbers are now multi skilled which means the trade as I knew it is totally devalued, face boffered.

There was an advert on jobcenterplus near me last yr £8.00 per hour wanted full gas and oil plus call out.these joker's are having a laugh at our expense.if someone needs a job that bad they would be better off changing trades and less stress.

I have for not a problem working for £8 /h as long as my rent is £40 / week and
£40 is enough to feed my family and £80 is max to cover all bills for 4 weeks !

Reassessment cost 1k + yearly registration of £250 ( not sure )
analyser is £800 and yearly calibration is £100

Seen a advert similar last year right next it it was a plasterer vacancy on £11 something pence per hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How much for an hourly rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock