Discuss How do you hang a radiator on a crumbly/lath plaster wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep offcuts of grant westfield shower panels. Cut big enough to cover both brackets and screwed to the studs. Then brackets onto that. Once the rad is hung you can't see the panel.

Bottom hole will take vertical weight of rad. but top hole is the one necessary to prevent rad. pulling away from wall. In a dodgy wall test drill for top hole to the side of intended bracket position to establish thickness of plaster and background. In most masonry situations a 10mm plug fully inserted into the background material,(not the plaster) and a coach screw 6mm of correct length will prove adequate. In any situation if a hole goes wrong plug and fill it before drilling next to it.

Get a piece of ply 12mm thick stick and screw that to the wall first get it painted then you can hang the rad

Was thinking similar , is all of the wall that bad , or just where radiator has dried it out ?

Or you will need alot of spider cobweb to keep from having a pile of dust under rad !

Spring toggles every time if the wall is a bit dodgy unless your hole is now massive

Alright I've done it. Thanks for the help!

Filled my finger sized hole with rapid set cement and bunged a 10mm plug in whilst wet then waited till next day to set..
So next day plug is solid bolted bracket to it.

Wouldn't have this luxury on a same day job though no idea why cement said 20 min set time was still soft after 3 hours. Can you fill with chem plug and put a plastic plug in then normal screw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do you hang a radiator on a crumbly/lath plaster wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to hang a radiator (160cm wide, 50cm high, total weight around 35kg) via two brackets to a plasterboard wall. The wall is external, so that...
Replies
Views
I go to loads of radiators at work that have fallen off the wall due to the installing thinking it is ok to install a 1100 x 500 double panel...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock