Discuss How do I replace a washer on this tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

llandudnoboy

Ok, changing a tap washer is about the limit to my plumbing knowledge! But this tap has me confused. How do I get into it to get to the washer? There's no cap to prise off and no screw fixing. Please help :dizzy2: .....what's even more confusing is that the photo has rotated somehow :D
Tap.jpg

some tap heads do just pull off with some (often a lot due to age) of force. If there is no cap or anything then that would be my guess

May just lever off and click back down on. Try levering underneath the tap head

There may also be a grub screw at the back of the handle.

It may be hard to find and you may need a 2mm - 2.5mm allen key to undo it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do I replace a washer on this tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to change the washer on the dripping hot tap in the photo, does anybody know how to remove the dome tap handle, there's no fixings or grub...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm blanking a couple of openings in a hot water cylinder. The Screwfix Flomasta 1" BSP plugs fit perfectly but no washer supplied or...
Replies
Views
Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need to replace the heads as behind they have cracked. Any idea where I can get replacement tap head...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
Seems to be some flaws in the brass of this tap (faucet?). It has fine scribbly black lines crossing from the inner of the pipe to the outside...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock