Discuss Hot and cold water leaking from overflow pipes of unvented hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

We have discovered hot and cold water coming out of the overflow pipes of our hot water cylinder. What could be the cause of this?? Thank you in advance for any advise!

Could you put a couple of photos of cylinder and the “overflow” area of pipework?
I am guessing you have a unvented cylinder and if so you will need a person qualified to work on unvented.
Also invented cylinders and their controls are supposed to be serviced each year for safety and proper functioning

Cold water discharge is normally easily dealt with but hot water discharge is more concerning as it suggests the T&P is opening so please don't leave this.
As others have said get a G3 / unvented plumber to come take a look (& please ask to see their card or certificate) this is not DIY stuff.

Reply to Hot and cold water leaking from overflow pipes of unvented hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hi all. This ‘valve’ is at the bottom of our domestic hot water cylinder. Anyone have any idea what it is please? It must’ve been there for many...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock