Discuss hot 22mm pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dannyparty92

Had our opened vented hot water cylinder swapped for a combi boiler. The DHW pipe from the boiler is in 22mm all the way to its final draw off which is the bath. since the swap the flow at the bath hot water tap is poor. I thought it would be much better flow as the hot is now running off the mains. Thanks in advance for any anwsers.

Don't forget a combi has to heat the water as it passes through the heat exchanger, if it flows through too fast the water won't have enough time in the heat exchanger to capture enough heat.

With your old cylinder you had a mass of hot water that can flow as fast as the tap will let it.

The original flow was gravity and the pressure would be 0.1 bar per metre height from the water level in the loft tank down to the tap, at a temp of 60 degrees, the flow is now mains and determined by what is coming in, added to that is the flow restriction required to maintain a decent temp rise, some combis deliver 10-13 litres/min at a temp rise of 35 degrees so its easy to see where people aren't happy with the result, a point which should be fully discussed by the installer before the job is done

Check the specified flow rate of the combi (in it's manual) and then check at the tap that it is somewhere around this

so its pretty much the heat ex in the combi and the oversized 22mm pipe thats causing the flow to be poor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot 22mm pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock