Discuss Hoses in boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IDCHAPPY

If I ever find the cretin that thought that they were a good idea, I'm going to slap him in the eye...
Bloody glow worm flexicom 30cx.... glow worms too crap :(

same goes for the exploding vaillant ones,but on the plus side you can pop into your local garage for a bit of hose on a saturday :)

same goes for the exploding vaillant ones,but on the plus side you can pop into your local garage for a bit of hose on a saturday :)
Those replacement kits aren't cheap either, you'd thought they'd be a decent price as the original fault is a design issue.

I've not even looked but i hope the Glowworm one is a piece of pipe instead of another hose :(

There is a proper copper pipe conversion kit but if I remember it is well over 100 quid. Better to just replace any defective hoses with some car radiator hose & decent Jubilee clips.

It wasn't Vaillant's greatest ever idea but I don't think the problem is as bad as some make out.

There is a proper copper pipe conversion kit but if I remember it is well over 100 quid. Better to just replace any defective hoses with some car radiator hose & decent Jubilee clips.

It wasn't Vaillant's greatest ever idea but I don't think the problem is as bad as some make out.

For the vaillants,yes but for the glowworm I'm sure it's just a replacement hose.

Funny enough, i did a vaillant before chrimbo. The bloody hose on the Glow worm leaked when i removed the old flue bits :rolleyes2:

One i got was a solid piece of copper from the pump round and up to the HE, was about ÂŁ60 from Parts Center :(

Fitted loads of vaillants, highly recommending them, feel embarrassed when pipe bursts, I try and talk them into changing them before they burst but still embarassing

I do like Vaillants too, just my bum squeaks whenever i take a case off a boiler and i see a hose :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hoses in boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
P
Does anyone know where I can find the decibel rating for the British Gas 330+ boiler? I'm looking to get it replaced and wanted to compare it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Have a Glow worm Flexicom 30cx-Installed 2010 and regaularly serviced. Last service October 21. Works fine, with no issues. However it has...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
I am looking for some basic advice please My house is on two floors, approx 240m2 and a spacious loft with good headroom and access. Glow Worm...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock