Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had new lad notch out joists, he started and I stopped him. Was only going to leave 5mm of joist.

Ok so this is what I showed him. You need rip snorter, bendinding guide for size of tube u need to notch out for, hammer and a pointy sharp thing.

Remove board

Run saw with blade set at pipe thickness plus 3mm

Run saw so guide is against adjacent board
ydubedy7.jpg

Cut all joists needed

Next put guide between edge of board and side of snorter.... Cuts hole with 3mm gap either side.

7u6a5y2e.jpg

Then simply whack notch with hammer and tidy with sharp thing.

a3asuny5.jpg

No u can also set snorter to pipe plus board, just use old board as a straight edge on top. For two 15mm use two guides or slice pipe slice

You need to give him a junior hackjsaw he will soon stop cutting so deep then lol

Become friends with a carpet fitter. Their business is in and out fast as they can and on to the next. So they see a lot of people per day........the "do you know a plumber?" Question is often popped out when tradesmen are in someone's house.

Also they change their knife blade like every ten mins. Their bluntest blades are still sharper than anything in a plumbers tool box. So it's free Stanley blades for life

Bang tidy blow off just like ideal.

Use end feed stopend as Yorkshire but big.

dezygevy.jpg

Then chew pipe as I did or use a Jr hacksaw
ehynyja7.jpg

Sweat end on

ra5esu7a.jpg

Punch tube

usyruhu7.jpg

Done

u7ahy3az.jpg

Need to replace a built in shower or one with non standard spacings. Get a piece of stainless sheet, fix two easy fit connectors to it and you can hide a multitude of sins.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1395756341.976306.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1395756341.976306.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 70
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1395756363.209691.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1395756363.209691.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 61
I use polytheen dustsheets when replacing rads o trv's ect, one 12x12ft does like 2 rads change easily if you cut them in half and that's if you triple layer them up. masking tape them to the skirting behind the rad and cut them so they fit around the pipes feeding the radiator then masking tape the dustsheet to the pipe. tidy job, no spills thru to the carpet and once you finished you can wrap all you rubbish up in them and chuck away! and at £23 for a pack of 10 in TRAVS PERKIS!!!!! ( enough to do 20 rad changes approx.) id say they are a bargain. I don't like dust sheets after they get whet , they smell of amp and look awful!! that's my opinion anyway, if you masking tape them to the skirting no dust will get behind onto the carpets when drilling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock