Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same principal when tiling a bathroom Kyle , put your cutter on it saves you bending down all the time

Same principal when tiling a bathroom Kyle , put your cutter on it saves you bending down all the time

I always put my cutter on top of its case, on top of my hop up.

For tiling above a bath, get a bit of old worktop/ply with a bit of nice soft carpet stuck to it.

Last edited:
get the snazzy bosch hole saw sets with the quick release arbor.

as they wear out you can take out the quick release section off the old holesaw and put on most other brands !!
the quick functionality of the quick release with any hole saw

*looks online for new starret hole saws to fit his bosch arbor*

I keep a small piece of 9mm ply about 800mm x 400mm in the van.

I wrap it in a dust sheet and lay it across a bath when working on taps or showers. The same for a basin when changing taps and washers.

Stops you from dropping a spanner and damaging things and can slide under your toolboxes in van so doesn't take up any room.
this reminded me always put the plug in or pop up down when working on tapssaves taking the trap of to find the screw or nut youve dropped in the basin

Haven't read all the thread so I might be repeating what someone has already posted but, I always keep a couple of spare test nipples, old rad air vents and the top off a thumb screw air vent
I once dropped a thumb screw air vent cap whilst filling (on my own) and couldn't find it anywhere, ended up tying my jumper around it while I ran back to the drain off........
Lesson learnt

When removing things like monobloc taps keep backing plate/washer and on CH pump keep bleed screw. You can guarantee they will find the only hole if dropped....never to be seen again !

Try to plan ahead and have a second way of getting the job finished before you even start if you get part way through the job and isn't going according to plan !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock