Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
install slam locks on van. very handy and very good, saves having to use keys if you are struggling with anything heavy and time wondering if you've locked it or not ... just remember to check you have keys in pocket before you slam though :)

When change a immersion heater , make sure you remove old gasket and clean the sitting with Stanley blade and then install the new immersion heater

If every using anybody else's electric appliances or set ups, in my case my uncles set up for the light in his loft......

Just have a quick check for obvious defects or potential problems.

I got a belt from a horrific DIY job where my uncle had wired a plug on both ends of a flex to power the light in the loft.

I didn't check this and when I unplugged one end, it was still live as other end was plugged in and it hurt!!

If every using anybody else's electric appliances or set ups, in my case my uncles set up for the light in his loft......

Just have a quick check for obvious defects or potential problems.

I got a belt from a horrific DIY job where my uncle had wired a plug on both ends of a flex to power the light in the loft.

I didn't check this and when I unplugged one end, it was still live as other end was plugged in and it hurt!!
ч
Tell uncle never to play with electrics like this ..... Is this even allowed !?

ч
Tell uncle never to play with electrics like this ..... Is this even allowed !?

No way is it allowed. It's like allowing a plug with a flex and 3 exposed wires. Pins on the plug are just the same when the other side is live

To aid adding inhibitor, leak sealer or cleaner ect Make one of these up, keep compression fitting loose as then u can keep filler upright and tighten into rad. Take blanking plug out of other side as it avoids gurgling.
esyvepu4.jpg

Solder a bit of 15mm into a 1/2 to 3/4 rad stump. Attach to hose. Draining down via a rad or makes syphoning easier. If rads are 15mm tail type just attach 3/4 valve and use 15mm connection.
4a5utava.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a drain of hose exactly the same as that one great if theres no drain off hopefully snatch a small radiator and drain away

To aid adding inhibitor, leak sealer or cleaner ect Make one of these up, keep compression fitting loose as then u can keep filler upright and tighten into rad. Take blanking plug out of other side as it avoids gurgling.
esyvepu4.jpg

Solder a bit of 15mm into a 1/2 to 3/4 rad stump. Attach to hose. Draining down via a rad or makes syphoning easier. If rads are 15mm tail type just attach 3/4 valve and use 15mm connection.
4a5utava.jpg

for inhibitor i use half an auto air vent and bent male iron with o ring, and the very same make up for draining with no drain off. good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock