Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
to all the very new plumbers, be carefull how much solder you apply to microbore fittings. spent an hour faffing around with a luke warm rad only to find one of the young lads had partially blocked the 10mm elbow with solder doh.

When fitting chrome pipe to bathroom towel rads use a dremel with the stone wheel to remove the chrome takes seconds then you can solder to the exposed copper. You can sleep at night once the tiles are down?

ive been using "frame fixers" or whatever they are called to fix wc's to floor lately! simple job! just fut the flange off the plug! no faffing arounf with plugs not entering the holes you have drilled ect!!

ive been using "frame fixers" or whatever they are called to fix wc's to floor lately! simple job! just fut the flange off the plug! no faffing arounf with plugs not entering the holes you have drilled ect!!

What do you mean? Have you got a link please

What do you mean? Have you got a link please

These
Frame Fixings 8 x 80mm Pack of 10 | NoLinkingToThis

They are not corrosion resist tho so someone will hve to break the pan out in a few years when the pysh rots the screw head.

These

They are not corrosion resist tho so someone will hve to break the pan out in a few years when the pysh rots the screw head.

Blimey, that's a bit extreme isn't it?

These

What ever happened to using 4" No.12 brass slotted screws & raw plugs to fix a pan down, a Tamz ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock