Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your letting the scrap men take rads from site have a bucket of water handy cos they dribble black muck everywhere everytime..

keep the plastic plugs that protect the tappings in new rads and put them into the tappings of the old rads, this will stop getting black sludge everywhere, this also helps when carrying a rad down stairs or in a clean property.

keep the plastic plugs that protect the tappings in new rads and put them into the tappings of the old rads, this will stop getting black sludge everywhere, this also helps when carrying a rad down stairs or in a clean property.

Cracking idea !

if both inlets are at bottom, turn rad upside down, simples :)

No not simples, read post 817 plastic plugs will stop this, also will stop sludge running round your van if you are taking a rad away, also carrying a large rad downstairs and you never know you may trip when carrying a rad, as you know black sludge goes through dustsheets. your idea is fine if in a property with no carpet and you are putting a rad directly into a skip.

Simples maybe, but some clown will come along and forget when the rads are standing outside, pick them up and presto, black slime down the drive, it happens.

Simples maybe, but some clown will come along and forget when the rads are standing outside, pick them up and presto, black slime down the drive, it happens.

:iagree: this was the main point as the scrap collectors do not care about a clean path/drive

It's a good idea, but I won't use it. It's upside down and out into the van (stood upside down) and I'm the scrappy man :) My pockets are to full to be fannying on with old rad caps. But each to their own,

i always spin em upside down through properties so sludge in house not a problem..like the plug idea to stop the scrappys jackson pollocks'in the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock