Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the customer wishes to do the labouring for the job and you are happy with that, you need to write down exactly what you need them to do and what they are not expected to do when you put your price together.

Never loads the rubbish into the van without first making sure they don't mind you taking the scrap.

If they want the scrap, they can also have the rubbish.

Someone got me with the a few weeks back.

Never loads the rubbish into the van without first making sure they don't mind you taking the scrap.

If they want the scrap, they can also have the rubbish.

Someone got me with the a few weeks back.

to avoid that :
always list on your quote/estimate remove of rubbish and scrap mettal is included in the price

I always state "remove and clear away". The money from the scrap pays for the waste removal and my waste licence. If the customer wants to keep the scrap they can pay a disposal charge for the rubbish.

And also illegal. It will make a really good impression on your customers when your picture is splashed across the local paper leaving court after you've been prosecuted for the illegal disposal of trade waste. I know the cost of rubbish disposal hurts but it's something we all have to live with.

I usually just cost in the size of an appropriate sized hippo bag, clean tidy ,collected no bother. Plus I only have a teeny weeny van :)

if your letting the scrap men take rads from site have a bucket of water handy cos they dribble black muck everywhere everytime..

I'm currently only doing boilers so my scrappy takes my old boilers and my rubbish for £15 per boiler, Yes I know i could make more by stripping down but I'm too busy and he takes my rubbish away so I win and he wins. If you could find a similar arrangement then happy days

If you are replacing an open vented boiler which has the flow and return drop feeding from above into the boiler and there are currently no air vents cut into the pipes above, then save yourself alot of hassle and install air vents while you install the boiler otherwise you will be trying to shift an airlock for quite some time.

especially if there is very little head of pressure, and the cold mains is poor

pump wasnt next to boiler though it was quite a bit away next to cylinder, and the new boiler wasnt top entry was bottom
I understand but I would have not fitted any unless pipe work from boiler had a long horizontal run ......
I would have fitted and I alway do a drain of on the return just next to boiler and when filling up I always run hw only first and then run ch separately ....
We all had them 2-3h to clear the air lock on a open vent boilers ....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock