Search the forum,

Discuss hi all, newby wanabe plumber here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sam-H

hi all, newby wanabe plumber here,

Just thought I'd say hi, let u all know what I'm up to,

At the mo I'm doing a ikkle plumbing course, (costing me an arm an 2 legs) Not surre if i can discuss the name of the provider here as i mite be contrvening forum rules, but any way I'm total newby ish, emphasis on the ish,

Well anyway, not doin too bad on it so far,

anyhoooo jus thought i'd say hi...

hi welcome to the forum,
no shouting, swearing or obsenities and you'll do ok.

come on thn spill the beans where u from, whats yousr course/provider and wot u up 2 lol.:D

Hi Sam
I'm new too.
Also been on a course for 4 months. really enjoying it.
Taking things steady and learning loads.
Having some trouble finding a 'Time-served' to help with enabling me to get experience - there seem to be a fair few posts on this site criticising the likes of us for not getting real experience, but that really is easier said than done.....
I'm digging my heels in and just getting on with the course - and I'll keep trying to find a friendly plumber to work with.
:)

hi all thanks for the warm welcome. by the way I'm from sunny old hull in east yorkshire,

well ikkle bit more bout me.

I was with Access To Trades, Sadly they went into receivership, leaving me in a MAJOR MAJOR panic over what is going to happen next,

i was lucky in that i used barclays finance company for the course funding, (well my brother did because he's the guarantor for the loan ( some £7800 ikkle pennies.

Now gone with olci training, (use google to find it ),

and yeah my problem is finding nice friendly ikkle plumber to take me on, i'd even work for nothing just to get the experience, in fact i did for a few weeks but he really did take the wee wee, trouble is though, like most parts of the world ,,, recession and all that everyone being skint, no one wants to take on ikkle friendly ol me,

any one else having same trouble,

Hi Sam,

Im From Hull and found similar probs so ive payed private and gone with brookhouse training. it a shame you didnt find these first as they find you work placement and ive had nothing but good reports about them. If theres neway you cud change then look them up brookhousetraining.com its a bit to travel but for most of the course ur at ur work placment which is usally kier who work with council. goodluck either way as i can see the post is abit old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hi all, newby wanabe plumber here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Love
Plumbers and Plumbing Work During COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic (Public Weekly Thread) Firstly, Hi lads and ladies. Apologies it has been a while posting here. @Lou and I have been checking in every now and again to catch up with some things. I have 101 unread messages and 1,160 notifications...
Replies
Views
O
Hi all, Basically I'm currently a Sales Administrator looking to career change into Plumbing. I enrolled with Trades Gateway and was sold the dream that I would be ready after roughly 2.5 years and 6500 pounds to start my own business and go it alone - after reading reviews on them I decided...
Replies
Views
OllyWicks
O
I
Hello to you all! I am thinking of doing an all intensive course with OLCI so i can become a plumber. So far they are quoting me £5995 which includes: C&G 6035-02 NVQ Level 2 Diploma in plumbing As an incentive they will include 4 additional green/renewable modules on top for free...
Replies
Views
S
hi all on a course plumbing costing me arm and a leg £8000 . unemployed at moment but looking frantically for something, not found anything yet but i have hopes,,,, from sunny hull, east yorkshire. still studying the basics, bit boring (studying the basics that is), anyway just thought i'd...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
M
Hi all I'm looking for some advice on Plumbing/Gas courses, I'm currently working in Iraq doing private security and before then I was in the army so I have no experience in the trade but I'm very eager to learn and willing to spend the money to get a level of training needed to gain the...
Replies
Views
whitenoise
W
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock