Search the forum,

Discuss Training Course advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OllyWicks

Hi all,

Basically I'm currently a Sales Administrator looking to career change into Plumbing. I enrolled with Trades Gateway and was sold the dream that I would be ready after roughly 2.5 years and 6500 pounds to start my own business and go it alone - after reading reviews on them I decided to pull out, luckily I was still within the cooling off period so it hasn't actually cost me any money, unlike some of the poor people I have read about on here!

From what I can gather I need to complete the City and Guilds Level 2 6035 in basic plumbing before I can progress onto the NVQ but please correct me if I'm wrong? I was just after some information if anyone has any on where I could do this course around my job? I've searched all over Google and just keep getting referred to the Plumbing Academy and those sorts of places so I thought I'd ask the actual people that have done this and actually lived it :) Fortunately I have a good friend who is a plumber and also a cousin so I will always have someone to go out with and actually learn the trade I just need to get the qualifications to go with it!!

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated :)

Olly

I tried that but the only course offered is a basic plumbing course which is designed to give you more confidence in carrying out your own plumbing in the home and no qualification at the end. Waste of time or worth going for do you think?

Cheers

I tried that but the only course offered is a basic plumbing course which is designed to give you more confidence in carrying out your own plumbing in the home and no qualification at the end. Waste of time or worth going for do you think?

Cheers

Not much use professionally. There will be a FE college near you that offers courses. Basically you are correct in that you need C&G 6035 level 2 diploma before you can do the 6189 level 2 NVQ. Then the same at level 3.

Where are you based?

Okay that's brilliant, thanks Masood. Based in Reading but able to travel anywhere!

Try this link:

Search Results | City & Guilds

If it doesn't work, then go to cityandguilds.com, search for 6035 level 2, then on the right there'll be a search box for "where can I do this course" or some such. It's fairly obvious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Training Course advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock