Discuss Help: Intergas Boiler: Has my filling loop been installed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All.

We've woken up this morning to zero hot water and my diagnosis is that the (Intergas HRE Compact SB) boiler needs to be repressurised. (It's only a year since install, so I'm a bit surprised but...)

We didn't have a lot of handover from the installer and, having taken a look, I'm concerned there is no "filling loop" installed. I'd appreciate expert confirmation of this.

I've attached four photos which show from the bottom of the boiler down to the pipes. (It should (I hope) be obvious which are which).

I'm more than comfortable doing any repressurising myself, having done this many times with our old one. But, I can't see any obvious filling loop and I suspect this means calling in the cavalry.

(I'm reaching out to this board as we did not depart on good terms with our plumber after a bit of a UFH disaster (also discussed on here)).

Many thanks in advance for all your guidance, Steve.

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

Hi Steve,

As RPM has said, but there isn’t one on those pics by the look of it, unless it’s part of the one that is in plastic? Also I take it you know the boiler is on and it’s showing as low pressure?

Have a hunt in cupboards Steve, can sometimes be hidden away.

Thanks. But, presumably it needs to be close? The pictures above show all the piping moving from top to bottom. To the right of the bottom image is our (plumbed in) washing machine and to the left is the outside door.

Many thanks.

Hi Steve,

As RPM has said, but there isn’t one on those pics by the look of it, unless it’s part of the one that is in plastic? Also I take it you know the boiler is on and it’s showing as low pressure?

Thanks. Yes, see attachment. I did a bit of desktop research and "0.2" is indicative of low pressure and the need to repressurise. I think.

Many thanks for all your help.

IMG_0159.jpg

Yes that indicates low pressure. You need to find that filling loop, it shouldn’t be too far away, but have found them in a cylinder cupboard with the boiler in the kitchen :mad:

Yes that indicates low pressure. You need to find that filling loop, it shouldn’t be too far away, but have found them in a cylinder cupboard with the boiler in the kitchen :mad:

Like this? Is this the filling loop do you think? (found by the cylinder).

Thanks.

IMG_2249 Cylinder.jpg

If you are feeling brave and more confident in your plumbing skills, now is an good time to top up the inhibitor!

Strike while the iron is hot!

Thank you All. Have followed advice re the filling loop and everything now seems to be charging up. Phew! Many thanks again.
I think I have the same problem as you and wonder if you can help. we have just moved into a flat with the same boiler and I can't find a filling loop. Pressure has dropped to 0.4 although can't find any leaks. But the missing filling loop is driving me insane. I can't access your photos. I am attaching mine. Can anyone help??

Attachments

• 20221127_122837.jpg
    20221127_122837.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221127_122846.jpg
    20221127_122846.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 4
I think I have the same problem as you and wonder if you can help. we have just moved into a flat with the same boiler and I can't find a filling loop. Pressure has dropped to 0.4 although can't find any leaks. But the missing filling loop is driving me insane. I can't access your photos. I am attaching mine. Can anyone help??
Hi. Do you also have a tank? If so - try there (it’s where I found mine). Else, as someone advised me, you might well find it in a “nearby cupboard”. The clue should be the metal flexible ridged piping with a pressure meter nearby.

All the best, Steve.

Like this? Is this the filling loop do you think? (found by the cylinder).

Thanks.

View attachment 37822

Hi. Do you also have a tank? If so - try there (it’s where I found mine). Else, as someone advised me, you might well find it in a “nearby cupboard”. The clue should be the metal flexible ridged piping with a pressure meter nearby.

All the best, Steve.
Thankyou so much for getting back to me Steve. And so quickly! I found it!! Miles away in a cupboard where there used to be a tank. Phew.

Reply to Help: Intergas Boiler: Has my filling loop been installed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back