Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Help: Intergas Boiler: Has my filling loop been installed in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Mr S

Mr S New Member

Hi All.

We've woken up this morning to zero hot water and my diagnosis is that the (Intergas HRE Compact SB) boiler needs to be repressurised. (It's only a year since install, so I'm a bit surprised but...)

We didn't have a lot of handover from the installer and, having taken a look, I'm concerned there is no "filling loop" installed. I'd appreciate expert confirmation of this.

I've attached four photos which show from the bottom of the boiler down to the pipes. (It should (I hope) be obvious which are which).

I'm more than comfortable doing any repressurising myself, having done this many times with our old one. But, I can't see any obvious filling loop and I suspect this means calling in the cavalry.

(I'm reaching out to this board as we did not depart on good terms with our plumber after a bit of a UFH disaster (also discussed on here)).

Many thanks in advance for all your guidance, Steve.

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

2. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Have a hunt in cupboards Steve, can sometimes be hidden away.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CBW1982

CBW1982 GSR

Hi Steve,

As RPM has said, but there isn’t one on those pics by the look of it, unless it’s part of the one that is in plastic? Also I take it you know the boiler is on and it’s showing as low pressure?

4. Mr S

Mr S New Member

Thanks. But, presumably it needs to be close? The pictures above show all the piping moving from top to bottom. To the right of the bottom image is our (plumbed in) washing machine and to the left is the outside door.

Many thanks.

5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Where is the pressure gauge?

6. Mr S

Mr S New Member

Thanks. Yes, see attachment. I did a bit of desktop research and "0.2" is indicative of low pressure and the need to repressurise. I think.

Many thanks for all your help.

IMG_0159.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr S

Mr S New Member

8. CBW1982

CBW1982 GSR

Yes that indicates low pressure. You need to find that filling loop, it shouldn’t be too far away, but have found them in a cylinder cupboard with the boiler in the kitchen :mad:

9. richard978

richard978 Member

A weird install that one

10. Mr S

Mr S New Member

Like this? Is this the filling loop do you think? (found by the cylinder).

Thanks.

IMG_2249 Cylinder.jpg

11. Mr S

Mr S New Member

Thanks. See my latest, pic. on another comment of the cupboard where the cylinder is. Is this the filling loop?

Thanks again.

12. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yep , its the braded hose with two black valves , one is open already, be sure you turn them both off when you are done .

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. CBW1982

CBW1982 GSR

As per Townfanjon, yes that's the filling loop. Should be able to look at White gauge, looks similar in pressure to your boiler.

14. Mr S

Mr S New Member

Thank you All. Have followed advice re the filling loop and everything now seems to be charging up. Phew! Many thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Remember to turn it off again

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1