Discuss Heating stopped working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Harty084

The pipes have been banging on the central heating system which has an open tank in the loft, therefore gravity fed. The pipes only banged when the heating came on and have been meaning to bleed the radiators!! Anyway the heating came on this morning and turned off after being on an hour, so I went to put it back on as it was cold but it wouldn't fire up. I therefore went round the house and bled all the rads, and got some air out, plus this also made the pipes bang a bit. So went to restart the boiler and it tries to fire up, then just trips out. I have a full tank of heating oil and have bled the boiler on start up, but it still just trips out. Boiler is a Grant Euroflame 70/90.
Cheers
Harty

Yep, water came out all the rads and the tank has topped back up in the loft. I did notice when bleeding the pump that usually the fuel gushes out, but it was only trickling out when the bleed screw was fully opened.

Would an airlock cause the boiler not to fire up?

My take on it is that it might well be the central heating pump which has failed. Water
is heating up and not gettin round much causing the boiler to trip out.

centralheatking

The CH pump works fine. The fuel nozzle is wet, cleaned the electrodes and checked the gap. Cleaned the fuel pump filter out. So I pressed the button again, it hums then clicks, makes another droning noise for about 5 secs then trips out, meanwhile the heating pipes bang for about 10 secs!

If the burner locks out because a problem with oil pump or something else, is the photocell clean? I cant see the conection with the heating pipes banging?

riellopump.jpg
[/IMG]
boiler2.jpg

boiler.jpg

Have taken everything apart again. Have checked the fuel pump and it turns freely, have cleaned the photocell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating stopped working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock