Discuss heating options (no gas) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Surfjayce

Hi im moving into a new place soon and the heating solution there is 2 storage heaters, one in the downstairs entrance and one on the upstairs landing. there is no mains gas in the property at all so what electrical options are there ie. rad elements or electric boilers??

any suggestions please but know that we are looking for the cheapest option either long term (cheap to run) or installation (cheap to fit)

check with one of the renewable guys though renewable and cheap dont go hand in hand

If you are considering installing a wet system, electric boilers are ok and cheap to purchase but not the cheapest to run.

Ground source heat pumps are extremely costly to buy and install, and if not installed correctly can cost a fortune to run

Air source heat pumps tend to be cheaper than ground source to buy, and are great for producing low temperature water efficiently, but they start to fall down in efficiency in extremly cold winters when they are asked to produce heating and domestic hot water.

Was going to say Air Source Heat Pump, but you'd be looking at 6k+

You certainly dont have to pay 6 grand plus for an air source heat pump, there are are some reasonably priced MCS accredited units on the market, you just have to do your home work to find them, The problem comes when MCS installers charge way over the odds to install them

Hi im moving into a new place soon and the heating solution there is 2 storage heaters, one in the downstairs entrance and one on the upstairs landing. there is no mains gas in the property at all so what electrical options are there ie. rad elements or electric boilers??
Have you considered oil or LPG?

as there is no gas in property does this mean there is no gas in your street?:) regards turnpin

You certainly dont have to pay 6 grand plus for an air source heat pump, there are are some reasonably priced MCS accredited units on the market, you just have to do your home work to find them, The problem comes when MCS installers charge way over the odds to install them

I'm talking installtion the lot.

Rads, New Cylinder, New controls etc

I think 6k is not far off. Or am I barking up the wrong tree. I just install the systems have nothing to do with pricing etc.

cheapest solution, lots of jumpers, get anengineer in to give you a quote on what you need, offer to pay for the quote and you may find someone who will offer a reasonable solution without trying to install an overthe top solution omho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heating options (no gas) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock