Discuss Hassle free payments in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My perception is the opposite to yours, I'd rather spend on a house than a car. In 40 years time my house will be worth more to my kids inheritance than your car. All of what we spend money on is how we make our lives more comfortable and enjoyable before the inevitable! How we all to choose that is up to the individual, mine would be hookers and class A's if I thought I could get away with it... Yeehah!

My perception is the opposite to yours, I'd rather spend on a house than a car. In 40 years time my house will be worth more to my kids inheritance than your car. All of what we spend money on is how we make our lives more comfortable and enjoyable before the inevitable! How we all to choose that is up to the individual, mine would be hookers and class A's if I thought I could get away with it... Yeehah!
Best you take out a power of attorney now and hand the house over to the kids ?
Well that ok as long as they can prove they really are paying all the bills ?
You also need to pay them rent .
Your house is nothing more than a savings account for your local authority unles you are wealthy enough to pay your way in your old age ?

I used to work for the very wealthy and not one of them owns their own house ! It is all trust funds and all my paynents came from foreign banks and offshore trusts !
Mr and Mrs average will lose the lot !

I used to work for the very wealthy and not one of them owns their own house ! It is all trust funds and all my paynents came from foreign banks and offshore trusts !
Mr and Mrs average will lose the lot !

Gulp
I think I've been had

Basil do you really live in a tent? My one and only dream in this life is to own my house. Something to leave my boys so they can have it a bit easier

Old school. Yet you say "will" be the future

Make your mind up!

What is old school and what us new

Bearing in mind. My customers are here today. Not next century!

Almost all of my customers pay by direct transfer or to my company phone number through apps like barclays pingit. I wrote "will" simply because I know not all customers out there will do this but that is the way payments will go. Debit cards and credit cards are not going anywhere just yet but they are old school technology.

Remember they were ditching cheques rapidly....well they're still here for the moment.

Remember they were ditching cheques rapidly....well they're still here for the moment.

Only as long as the old dears in their 70's are still with us once that generation kicks the bucket the cheques will go with them.

I always ask how a customer will be paying at the quote stage. If it's a cheque they are going to be paying more for our services due to the long wait for cash, hassle of going to the bank and the risk of a rubber one. When I explain this, very few customers still want to pay by cheque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hassle free payments in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I am fortunate to be at the stage where I'm looking to expand and take on a plumber to help with the workload. I am new to this and...
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these ÂŁ300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or...
Replies
Views
Hey there, is anyone out there? (joke) Is anyone moving over to card readers this year to avoid non payment? 🤨🤨 My SUMUP reader after about...
Replies
Views
Tedddddd
T
  • Question
Hi, Recently had a new heating system and unvented hot-water cylinder installed (conversion from vented with tank). Everything is working fine...
Replies
Views
Hello i have completed my level 2 plumbing course and looking for experience to gain in London i will work less or free just for the skill in plumbing
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock