Discuss Hassle free payments in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe so, maybe not
The problem is though, someone's gotta pay for these card charges,
either you or the customer, so someone is paying more than they need to.

If your paying, all these charges add up, along with your other overheads,
and if you've got more cash going out, than's coming in, your finished

lets say it's a 2.75% charge, on a £2500 boiler change job that's nearly £70,
it's a hefty amount

25 years in business and i've never had any of these cards, but each to there own.
The charges are 14p per debit card transaction, regardless of spend, so obviously I absorb that. Credit card carries 1.19% plus you're allowed to recoup 0.8% toward costs(private customers) business 1.99% plus 0.8% on total spend(passed onto customer).
the way i look at it, it costs me £31 a month which is less than an hours labour a month, no banking to do and no chasing, it's a no-brainer as far as I can see IMO.

I'm the same, never take money up front, unless it's special order stuff that can't be put on account.

If I don't trust someone, I just put in a stupid price. I think Iv only given up on 1 payment in 5 years.

I never used to take oayment upfront on bigger jobs like bathrooms. But then the last but one customer died on me owing a substantial chunk. Now looks like I need to wait for probate. ...around six months.

Upfront or at least stage payments for anyone over the age of six is now mandatory.....;)

It's the way of the world now thou. Also gives customer more flexibility with paying. As they can use their credit card

And 2.5% is better than nothing

Credit debit cards are old school all payments will be via app or phone before long.

I already do !
Not had a house for coming up 7 years !
Did not choose that way but have realised you enter this world with nothing and you will leave the same way nothing is surer than that ?
Is there any prize for the richest man in the grave yard ?
Seen all the guys work their guts out to make it then not have a chance to enjoy as dead at 51 Then you get the others that employ their oxygen thief kids who think the world owes them a living ?
Had my boy working in the summer he was bored after 10 minutes creosoting a fence so told him put on the radio get in the zone and dance as you paint if you have to or go sit in the van all day up to you sunshine ?
The lad worked his guts out and would not even et us help with the high bits so maybe taught him something ? I hope

So where are you living rent free, council tax free? What's the secret?!

I went 10 years never getting stung then had a customer telling me I could sing for 90 k that brings tears to your eyes I can tell you !
Wait until you get bigger and work for architects and builders !

So where are you living rent free, council tax free? What's the secret?!
It is not a secret just needs a bit of thinking outside the box !
I would rather burn my money than pay rent for a house I neither want or need ?
As for people who decorate or call a rented house home that is just beyond me !
Even if you buy a house you are no more than a caretaker for now as most houses will be here long after you have gone well maybe not the new ones ! lmao

You could use that philosophy with any object in life. Why have you wasted money on a computer to be on this site if you can't take it to your grave?

Never been a fan of camping myself.

Yes true and I do admit I still like some consumer products I wish I could really dump the lot but something keeps me attatched to bits and bobs !
Latest one is torches ! lol
Was motorbikes years ago and have done the tool bit too had to have the latest gadget and best toys !
Went a bit far when I bought a telescopic handler !
Done the mini excavators and dumpers too !
Boats too !
Those v 8`s Used to drink about £250 in fuel for a days playing 10 years ago I hate to think of the cost today ?
Think at last count 50 brand new motors of different kinds all need cleaning though so takes the fun away ! lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hassle free payments in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I am fortunate to be at the stage where I'm looking to expand and take on a plumber to help with the workload. I am new to this and...
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or...
Replies
Views
Hey there, is anyone out there? (joke) Is anyone moving over to card readers this year to avoid non payment? 🤨🤨 My SUMUP reader after about...
Replies
Views
Tedddddd
T
  • Question
Hi, Recently had a new heating system and unvented hot-water cylinder installed (conversion from vented with tank). Everything is working fine...
Replies
Views
Hello i have completed my level 2 plumbing course and looking for experience to gain in London i will work less or free just for the skill in plumbing
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock