Discuss Hassle free payments in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Looking forward to taking payment with my new card machine...less messing about chasing.

Sometimes getting money off people can be an absolute nightmare. Anytime i do a homer now I make sure I get half the price upfront then if half way through the job they start acting the :nono: you have at least some money and can refuse to finish the job etc. Least with half the price in your pocket you've got some platform to argue back with.

If only everything was hassle free eh lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes getting money off people can be an absolute nightmare. Anytime i do a homer now I make sure I get half the price upfront then if half way through the job they start acting the **** you have at least some money and can refuse to finish the job etc. Least with half the price in your pocket you've got some platform to argue back with.

If only everything was hassle free eh lol.

Aye, that's the way we work it now materials + a wee bit up front then the balance on completion :)

I don't take ANY money up front regardless of job until customer is happy.

I don't take ANY money up front regardless of job until customer is happy.

That good mate, I'd love to be as trusting as you but unfortunately not all customers are perfect. I've lost a fair few ÂŁ in the near 3 years I've been going due to guys going bust or just plain being cheap and not wanting to pay. :)

Looking forward to taking payment with my new card machine...less messing about chasing.

maybe so, maybe not
The problem is though, someone's gotta pay for these card charges,
either you or the customer, so someone is paying more than they need to.

If your paying, all these charges add up, along with your other overheads,
and if you've got more cash going out, than's coming in, your finished

lets say it's a 2.75% charge, on a ÂŁ2500 boiler change job that's nearly ÂŁ70,
it's a hefty amount

25 years in business and i've never had any of these cards, but each to there own.

It is only the way of the world as people are either too stupid or just go with the flow ?
No one is having 2.5 percent of my nothing just like they will never get council tax rent or utility bills out of me anymore !
We all ride the treadmill but you really can get off if you want !

It is only the way of the world as people are either too stupid or just go with the flow ?
No one is having 2.5 percent of my nothing just like they will never get council tax rent or utility bills out of me anymore !
We all ride the treadmill but you really can get off if you want !

Lol
And how will you manage that one

I already do !
Not had a house for coming up 7 years !
Did not choose that way but have realised you enter this world with nothing and you will leave the same way nothing is surer than that ?
Is there any prize for the richest man in the grave yard ?
Seen all the guys work their guts out to make it then not have a chance to enjoy as dead at 51 Then you get the others that employ their oxygen thief kids who think the world owes them a living ?
Had my boy working in the summer he was bored after 10 minutes creosoting a fence so told him put on the radio get in the zone and dance as you paint if you have to or go sit in the van all day up to you sunshine ?
The lad worked his guts out and would not even et us help with the high bits so maybe taught him something ? I hope

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hassle free payments in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I am fortunate to be at the stage where I'm looking to expand and take on a plumber to help with the workload. I am new to this and...
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these ÂŁ300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or...
Replies
Views
Hey there, is anyone out there? (joke) Is anyone moving over to card readers this year to avoid non payment? 🤨🤨 My SUMUP reader after about...
Replies
Views
Tedddddd
T
  • Question
Hi, Recently had a new heating system and unvented hot-water cylinder installed (conversion from vented with tank). Everything is working fine...
Replies
Views
Hello i have completed my level 2 plumbing course and looking for experience to gain in London i will work less or free just for the skill in plumbing
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock